ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday, September 29th....2 weeks before heading to Paraguay!!!

Hey family what’s up?

It’s been another great week here in the MTC and crazy how fast it’s going really I can’t believe it. There isn't enough time during the day to get what I want done and study as much as I want.... but don’t get me wrong I really want to get in the field right now. The language is coming so good the Lord blesses me incredibly while I’m in lessons cause my companion and I only plan for about 10 minutes on what we are going to talk about and scriptures to share then we do our own language study real quick for it. It’s not memorized at all, I left that back on the 3rd week. We planned on teaching our investigator yesterday about the Law of the Fast and it was like a week ago she committed to stop drinking and live the Word of Wisdom and yesterday we got in there and she said she drank again and felt horrible about it so with the help of the Holy Ghost the whole lesson changed to the tender mercies of the lord, Doctrine and Covenants 19 about the atonement and I asked her to kneel down right then with us and pray to Heavenly Father for help in her life and things like that she needed; the spirit was so strong. These progressive investigators are truly realistic, it’s amazing. When they keep their commitments I get really happy and when they don’t I feel remorse so it’s pretty cool to have these experiences.

I can’t believe 2 weeks from Monday I will be in Paraguay and the next day I could be sitting in an investigators house.... scary but I am so stoked I can’t even wait for this. There are so many people down there that need to hear the gospel right now and so many people that our Heavenly Father is preparing for the Holy Ghost to touch.. This is the Lords work and I am a true representative of Jesus Christ, this is not my time and I need to do everything I can to take advantage of it because it is his. My favorite scripture in the world is Alma 26:12 “ I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak; I will not boast of myself but will boast of my God”. I love my Heavenly Father so much family, I can’t even describe how much my relationship has grown with him since I have been here. One thing I had to realize is whenever I am having a tough time with anything here I can’t just pick up the phone and vent on Mom or Dad anymore; I get to rely on the Lord which is where I need to take my hardships on his mission. I love this work, I learn so many incredible things about the gospel and I hope with my whole heart that my testimony will continue to grow daily.

I have a poem that Russell M Nelson shared to us that I want to share before I end.

There was a man standing on top of the mountain when he heard a voice from the Lord say “Go to the edge, the man replied no I will fall, "Go to the edge" the voice said again. The man replied once more no I will fall. The voice came again" Go to the edge" The man finally said he would and when the man stepped up to the edge the Lord pushed him and he flew.

Wow I was so touched with that. Family let’s do everything in your power to exercise your faith, our Heavenly Father desires to bless us each day we just have to live worthy and DO IT. I heard a talk yesterday from Elder Bednar about how people ask him how you know if it’s the spirit or just you talking. He replied quit worrying about it, if you are living righteously and worthy you won’t have to worry and good things will come to you.

Love you lots family I’m so grateful for all of you. Love your little boy….Elder Hager

No comments:

Post a Comment