Hey family what’s up? It was another great week here in the MTC, the days are really long here but the weeks are short so I guess that’s a good thing. I’m learning a lot and like I said last week the language gets better and better every day. We can teach like most of the lessons all in Spanish with no notes, except the plan of salvation very well.. ha ha. We’ve been trying to teach our investigators about pre-earth life and spirit prison all in Spanish... no bueno… haha but I love it. We have days where we only talk in Spanish so that’s way fun, it’s hard to communicate everything but it’s worth it.
We had some more great speakers this week Sunday and Tuesday. Sunday it was like the director of the seminary talked and after we got to watch the Testaments it was way sweet, I love being able to feel the spirit so strong here and it makes me a lot more excited to get down to Paraguay to teach. It was great… there's a new Hermana and she is from Paraguay Asuncion so I’ve been talking to her a lot and she's teaching me Guarani, I went and bought a book of Mormon in Guaraní too, it is freakin nuts. Ha Ha I know this this isn’t spelled right but saying how are you doing is like Mba' eshapa, yeah not too hard I guess :) so that'll be an experience.
I have realized too that the harder I work throughout the days the faster it goes so if I want to make the best out of my time here and learn as much as I can I can’t take breaks, and doing that really helps. I have a notebook in my pocket that I always write Spanish words on and I am always either studying that or my verb conjugations. Gotta love it. So yeah it’s been great, I meet new people every day and I have made a lot of friends. The people that came in the same day as me going to Paraguay that were in the Advanced class already flippen left last week, stinkin smart people. Ha Ha I am getting there though, it'll come and I realize and see every day the Lord's hand in all of this and that nobody could ever learn as much about this language as I have in 3 weeks without the help of my Heavenly Father. He is my guide, he shows me love everyday in so many situations that makes it so easy to recognize, he truly is the God of love.
Oh some tips on scripture reading too when you read, stop every 5 or 6 verses so see what’s going on and what it’s trying to tell you, and replace the Pronouns in the scriptures like They, ye, thou, all those words that are explaining who its talking about or too and put that name there, it makes so much more sense. I’m almost through 1st Nephi in Spanish and through Mosiah in English. I love reading the scriptures they literally help you with any problem you have in your life... EVERTHING!!!
Well family I love you so much take care and hope your all having fun; have a great time this week with the homecoming. The Church is so true...
Love Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment