Hey family what’s up? So I just want to start off the letter this week by bearing my testimony about this amazing church. Tuesday night I had probably the greatest night of my life. We got the chance to hear from an ordained Apostle of the Lord, and one of my favorites. Elder Holland came and talked to us and I was able to get a seat in the main room with him and was really close. I can’t even begin to explain the spirit I felt that night, it was stronger than any other moment in my life. He bore his testimony so much on missionary work and told us so many things that we need to do to be successful in this work. I have never seen a man’s testimony burn so much in him and how he conveys it to people. I sat there the whole night in just an incredible peace. I know now even more than I ever did that this church is the true and everlasting church on the earth today. It is so real and I could never deny that feeling I felt that night and I desire so much for it to stay with me forever. Elder Holland is a true apostle of Jesus Christ, he was called of God and he is doing the work of the Lord right now. I love that man so much and even more for strengthening my testimony so much. It is real.
So yeah other than that it’s been a great week the Spanish is coming so much more. I’m almost done reading in 1st Nephi in the Book of Mormon and days I read the Book of Mormon in Spanish I understand so much more that day just because there is so much power and truth in those pages. It was sweet on Wednesday we got another investigator of the church so now we have two and we taught him the first lesson and it was going so good, the Spanish was flowing and we were having no problem speaking, he was understanding everything and loving it but because the previous elders went over on time they had to cut us off right before we talked about the restoration haha we were like wow serious finally when we can speak Spanish, but we set up an appointment on Friday again to teach him so that'll be sweet. His name is Pablo and he's from Chile. Yeah that doesn't sound like a Hispanic name at all huh? I didn't think so either :)
Well family things are going great here I can’t wait to know enough to get to Paraguay and do anything I can to improve the lives of those people through the power of the Holy Ghost. We need to remember we are nothing in this work, we are just mouths for our Savior. We need to lead by example in all we do and say. President Monson said preach the gospel all day every day and use words if necessary. I love that, words from a Prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ. I love you family so much. Have a great week.
Love Elder Hager.
No comments:
Post a Comment