Hey family How’s it goin. So just a little over a week in the MTC already and its goin pretty good. The language gets better every day and what’s cool is one of our teachers came in yesterday to teach us and he just got home from Paraguay so I got to talk to him about President Callan and stuff it was sweet. He said it truly is amazing how much the church is growing down there. Oh it got me so excited to leave the CCM and get down there.
The other night I was walking back to the room after classes all day and we went and did some contacts just to kind of get use to it. So we bore our testimonies to people and it was awesome it was great to feel that spirit. I’ve had a little tougher week than last here with the elders in my room but I’m working really hard on just showing continuous love to everyone. In leadership training they told us to correct quickly only with the Holy Ghost then give love to the other people. A lot of times the elders in my district don’t want to follow every little rule and when I do they get pretty frustrated with me and complain about why we have so many dumb rules but on Sunday we had a great fireside with Elder Evans that works in the Missionary Department at the church and he said if an elder thinks a rule is dumb it’s just a reflection on their intelligence so I’m going with that (haha) I do notice as I work hard every day to follow the rules, things come easier.
What was really cool with that teacher I was telling you about was he gave me a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish everyday and the language will come faster because there is so much power in that book no matter what language it’s in. So I read for like an hour last night hoping I would wake up fluent but getting up this morning I knew right off the bat that wasn´t the case haha so yep it’s going to take some time but through a lot a lot of prayers and hard work and the help of my Heavenly Father I’ll get there. Love you family, have a great week and can’t wait to hear from you soon.
Love Baby Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment