ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22, 2011 Elder Hager is On Fire!!!

Hey familia como estan?

It was another great week here in the MTC. It’s going pretty fast most the time I would have to say. It’s crazy to think that Monday starts my 7th week here and I get my travel plans the next week like holy cow. I met the district going to Paraguay with me. I was supposed to be in their district till they bumped me up to intermediate but I talked with them at the temple and stuff and I’m going to have a lot of fun with them, they are all good missionaries.

So guess what? We had another apostle come on Tuesday ha-ha holy cow that’s flippen 3 apostles in 4 weeks here that’s so nuts. Russell M. Nelson came and talked about the Book of Mormon and about the Ensign from this week. I seriously have never been so excited to get an Ensign and I read the whole thing in like two days. It’s amazing when I look back right now and see how much I took advantage of things before the mission. Like conference too, I don’t think anybody is as excited for conference as I am.

One thing that has really got me pumped up for that is we were teaching our investigator the other day about prophets and we told him in a couple weeks that we get to hear from ours and he thought that was so amazing and the spirit was so strong and he asked if he could bring his whole family to the church to watch it, and just seeing that excitement in him really pumped me up and made me realize that having a living prophet is this whole work, God is the same today, yesterday, and forever. If God was going to call prophets and apostles thousands of years ago he would do the same thing for us. AND HE HAS!!! Conference is basically those men of God standing on the pulpit and God just whispers in their ears. I can’t wait to hear what they all have to say it’s going to be a great week.

Family I have experiences every week here that just boost my testimony so much. Tuesday night when Elder Nelson was talking to us he talked about the translation of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Did you know that when the Bible was translated it was done by a group of 50 scholars and they were only able to translate about 1 page a day and it took them 7 years to finish with those resources. When Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon, (he had a 3rd grade level education) and he translated 8-10 pages a day family and finished in 3 months. This is not humanly possible. Joseph Smith is in fact a true prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ. He saw God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ in a grove and through the power of our Heavenly Father he translated the most correct book on the face of this earth and that is why I am on a mission because I have such a strong testimony about it, and anybody in the world can and will draw nearer to it by reading its words.

We all need to dive into the Book of Mormon and do as the Prophet Moroni says and get on our knees and pray to our Heavenly Father to know if it is true. In D & C 82 it says “ I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when you do not what I say ye have no promise”.

God answers prayers; he does every day for me. I am so grateful to be able to have these experiences here and I can’t wait to get down to Paraguay and give my testimony to those people and have the Holy Ghost touch their hearts. This is not my work or any other missionaries work, we are nothing in this work, and we are representatives of Jesus Christ, literally. If Jesus were here he would be saying the same things that we as missionaries are saying because we teach with the Holy Ghost.

This church is true family; I love it with all my heart. I love learning this language too. I witness having the gift of tongues every day. The language is coming fantastic really. And God helps so much along the way. I couldn't do it without him. Thank you familia for all your support and the support of friends too. Can’t wait to give you another update next week on everything. Have a great week and READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!

Love Elder Hager

No comments:

Post a Comment