ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Thursday, October 6, 2011

One More Week in the MTC and here I come Paraguay!!!

Family what’s up?

Things are just going fantastic here. It’s so crazy that I will be in Paraguay a week from Monday it doesn't ever feel like reality yet I just feel like I’m going to spend my mission in the mtc ha-ha yeah no that wouldn't be fun :) but things are great.

I had the most incredible conference weekend and I am so sad that I ever missed a session in my life cause this conference was such a testimony builder for me in everything. I had been praying for about two weeks leading up to it with two questions; I wanted to take into conference and receive spiritual revelation from and I was praying hard, I knew with faith and diligence God WILL answer my prayers. My questions were how I can be the best missionary that I can be for the Savior, and how can I have enough faith to do it. Family I don't know if you noticed but like the whole conference was on answering those... For me at least. Even the first day I left priesthood session just filled with the spirit so strong and overall I had about 14 pages front and back of notes that I took it was just incredible. My testimony has grown so much I can’t even believe it.

Oh I want to share a hilarious story that happened to me at lunch the other day. I was sitting next to this group of elders and one thing I like to do here is just talk to everyone and ask them where they are from and where they are going its way fun to do so I asked this group all where they are going and they all said Paraguay Asuncion, I was like no way that’s sweet that’s where I’m going and they told me they were leaving like November 21 or something so that was cool. Then one of them told me he was from Copper Hills and he played baseball there, I said hey no way I’m from Viewmont we were the team that beat you out of the quarter finals last year and he was like wow no way ha-ha I said yeah I was the player that hit the walk off triple off you and he said… Wait that was you? He was like "I was the Pitcher, I never thought I’d have to re-live this ha-ha" it was way funny we all had a pretty good laugh and he was like the goofiest kid ever so it was a pretty funny at lunch that day meeting the guy I hit a walk off from. At the end he was like, hey “you are welcome for the 75 mph fastball down the middle ha-ha I was very appreciative of that. But yeah anyway it was cool.

One thing I want to talk about to you real quick is the power of the Holy Ghost. I wish someone in the world can explain how truly incredible the Holy Ghost is and actually what it is, but it is too sacred and pure to even put into words. The only way I can explain it is that it’s for everyone, God wants everyone to have the opportunity to feel it, and also it converts people. It’s no surprise why the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the fastest growing Church in the world right now because when people feel that they desire to feel it always and go to the waters of baptism, then lastly it is just the feeling of peace and love from our Savior just like he is wrapping his arms around you and giving you a hug of comfort. That’s how I feel about it. Family I feel the spirit everyday in my mission, it is the most incredible thing and that feeling that comes over you as you’re doing what’s right such a warm, peaceful feeling that will whisper the truth to any person that has a desire to feel it and now. We need to do a much better job in our lives of inviting the Holy Ghost in all aspects, and in the words of Elder Holland "The best ways to invite the spirit into your lives is dive into the scriptures, and after that KEEP IT, and don't ever allow yourself to go anywhere where the Holy Ghost cannot be, It is such an honor to me to be able to have the Companionship of one of the members of the Godhead our lives. Family I hope you’re doing all you can to achieve that.

Well family I love you lots and I’m so stoked for today our district gets our travel plans WOOHOOO!!! Best day of the mish so far. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment