Hey family what’s up.. as you
heard already we had the two baptisms of Edith and Silvina and it was
incredible. This week was changes and I got a new compañion Elder Guzman from
El Salvador. My first one… so yeah I will be bumpin up the Spanish a
bunch. This week we had plans to baptize Edith and Silvina in the river Parana,
and we went with Abel to check it out but Friday night I got a call from Edith
saying that Silvina didn’t come home that night and she didn’t want to get
baptized alone so she said she was going to wait. I was devastated.
But I just had a great conversation on the phone with her telling her how
ready she was and that more importantly God wanted her to take that step. About
3 weeks ago she told me that she didn’t know what to study in the Book of Mormon
so I was inspired to draw her a calendar of what she needs to read daily and I
talked to her about that Friday and she was following really well. She ended 1
Nefi the night before her baptism. We told her we were going to come out
to do the interview Saturday and we would talk more then. So we headed out with
Elder Cleverly on the 2 hour walk. We went out there and the interview went
great for her and she decided to do it. We were stoked. So we headed out and
started walking like almost a mile and a half from the house Silvina came
around the corner on her motorcycle. We talked to her and she said she was
still ready to get baptized so we turned around and walked back to the house
and did the interview then headed back. What a long but incredible day. Sunday
morning we woke up early and went to the church for the baptisms. I was stoked
they both asked me to baptize them so what a blessing it was. They were both so
ready. For more than a month I have been able to be here seeing their
changes. In the sacrament meeting they were both emotional during the
testimonies it was incredible and how happy their parents were. Silvina told
Elder Cleverly in the interview that before in her life she was on the
completely wrong path, but she started watching her whole family make different
steps to a better life ..she started feeling empty, and after her motorcycle
accident she said it woke her up and ever since then she has had that change in
her heart.
The mission is the best. I love it. I love the trials
because they make me better. I love all the great moments. I will forever
be grateful for the opportunity to be part of all of this. Well family have a
great week and thanks for everything!
Love Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment