ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, March 11, 2013

Sweet Miracles!!


Buenos dias familia que tal... hey family whats up back home? This week was great!  We saw some sweet miracles. I want to share the miracles with you then share with you some stuff I learned in studies. So since I got here we started sharing with a part family named Alberto, who is a member and Mariela who isn’t. She always shared with us but never really completed her commitments and didn’t come to church. Last week she finally came to church and loved it. Yesterday she came back and asked Alberto when she could be baptized. We set the date for the 23rd of March. How awesome is that family? They have to work really hard this week and rent an apartment and we will have their marriage and baptism the next week. I love seeing family, the miracle of the investigadors in Church. The investigators for the most part can never really progress without coming to Church. And the Church works miracles! We were with them yesterday and I asked her how she felt  in the church and she told me... different! She grew up in another church and told us at the start that she didn’t want to change. But yesterday she said there is a different feeling there. Those are the sweetest words anybody could ever say to me on the mission.... I felt different! Family, the spirit is in the church, and it doesn’t matter where in the world.  Our church  in Encarnacion is tiny here and is like falling apart (ha-ha) they don’t fix things well here and it rained for like 3 days straight and like drowned the church. We walked in the sacrament room yesterday and water was leaking through the roof in like 10 different spots, we had to  move the chairs around and put like 10 buckets in there to catch the water.. but when church started, the spirit was there. So pray… pray… for Mariela this week that we have her baptism the 23rd. Thanks family.

 

I read a talk this week too from Presidente Benson about the Book of Mormon flooding the earth.  Bruce R. McConkie had a quote in there that said. “Few men on earth, either in or out of the church have caught the vision of what the Book of Mormon is about... Presidente Benson shares... “Now my good saints, we have a great work to perform in a very short time. We must flood the earth with the Book of Mormon and get out from under Gods condemnation for having treated it lightly… D and C 84:54-58... He also talked about if we have businesses we need to put Book of Mormons out to read anywhere so that the people can see the Book of Mormon. It needs to be in our sights… in the car…wherever we are.   I love that!  Family I have a strong testimony that the Book of Mormon is the most correct book on the face of the earth, and together with the bible we can read the fulness of the doctrine of our Savior Jesus Christ. I’m about to end the Book of Mormon again this week, what a blessing!! I love the teachings of Moroni as he ends his last words. seeing what was going to happen with it.. exactly what’s happening today.. Take advantage of it. I love you family! I hope you have a great week.  You are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment