How’s it going family? Thanks again so much for the
Christmas call it was so awesome hearing your voices even though the call
seemed like it was only 5 minutes. What’s been awesome on the mission is
to see how little the Lord wants us to focus on the things at home and how much
he wants us to get lost in the work because my 3 calls I have had with you guys
feel like they didn’t exist and the hour of writing you on Monday feels like it
doesn’t exist. Yes, Heavenly Father knows exactly what he is doing, it’s
been awesome to see that. The bad news… we worked with Rafael all week
and everything went great, he had his interview on Friday and we waited for him
Saturday in the church and he didn’t come and we went to his house Sunday
morning and he wasn’t there either so yeah were kind of out on the blue on
that. Also my comp for about 3 months has been having body pains in his joints
so finally we went to the doctor on Thursday and they took blood and urine
samples and we had to go back the next day and the doctor looked at his results
and told he that he needed to go see a Rheumatologist I think what it’s called
in English, in Spanish its Reumatologia. So we went to the other hospital and
the doctor went traveling till Wednesday so we received instruction from the
doctor that he can’t work until he talks to her... so yes we are just confined
to the pension until we talk to her...don’t tell anyone in his family yet I
don’t know if he is going to tell them yet.. just checking...
The positives on the week… Monday I had another eternal experience
for my last Christmas. We went in the morning down to the city and bought about
$150 dollars’ worth of gifts me and this other elder and about 12 of us
traveled to an orphanage that afternoon and surprised all the little kids with
the best Christmas of their lives. We sang hymns then gave out all the gifts,
they didn’t know how to react they were so happy. They just swarmed all around
us getting the gifts and the smiles on their faces will be engraved into my
mind forever. That was my second Christmas here on the mission and was the 2nd
best Christmas day of my mission. I love being 100 percent in the service of
the Lord. Even after the Christmas call we went out and worked then at 8pm we
met up with the zone leaders and sung in a hospital that night for about an
hour, just putting smiles on people’s faces that didn’t think was going to
smile that day. What a blessing! So yeah that was awesome. And lastly this
morning, I was reading in the book of Alma in the Book of Mormon and came
across some scriptures that I loved that I wanted to share with you guys. It’s
in Alma, chapter 34 that is talking a lot about prayer and how we should pray
and when and where says
Verse 28…and now behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto
you, do not suppose that this is all, for after ye have done all these things,
if you turn away the needy, and visit not the sick and afflicted, and impart of
your substance if ye have to those who stand in need, I say unto you, if ye do
not any of these things, behold, your prayer is in vain, and availed nothing,
and ye are as the hypocrites who deny the faith….
Verse 29 Therefore if you do not remember to be
charitable, ye are as dross, which refiners do cast out, it being of no worth,
and is trodden down under foot of man…
Verse 30 ..and now my brethren, if would that, after ye have
received so many witnesses, seeing that the holy scriptures testify of these
things, ye come forth and bring fruit unto repentance...
I loved those scriptures.. I love that just protecting our
families is not enough, if we have the means,, which every one of us do, we
must visit the sick and the afflicted because it is a commandment of God.
President Monson is our great example,, he has a family of 15 million people
and still finds time to visit the sick and afflicted. May we learn from him and
apply those things in our life... Love you family!! Have a great week!
Love Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment