ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17th....one week before Christmas!!!


Hey mother,

 

Hey family what’s up? So we had some miracles this week but also some hardships. Tuesday we went by the Hermana Liz and she said she was still getting prepared for this Saturday to be baptized with her boy… so we passed by every day by her house and prepared her and Friday they had their interviews… Saturday came for the baptism and they didn’t show up we didn’t know what was going on.  We finally got ahold of Liz’s mom and she said that she didn’t want her grandson to get baptized and they kind of got into a fight and Liz left and we haven’t had any contact with her since then...so yeah that was a big downer…. but we just gotta have a miracle and find her this week and get her into the waters of baptism.

 

Saturday in the morning was incredible though we had a zone conference with the Mission President and it was great we watched 17 miracles. Family, I can’t even tell you the feelings I have towards that movie. I gained 120 percent a testimony so strong about the Pioneers and all that they had to go through,  I couldn’t believe it watching that movie. It was incredible to see. I felt the spirit so strong. After we played white elephant gifts with the Mission President and the other elders…it was pretty sweet.

 

We are just back to work today to find these amazing Paraguayan people to be baptized.  I’m so grateful in this time of year to be serving my Savior, really it is the number one gift that us as sons of God to be serving. We are all enlisted till the conflict is over. I really am coming to know my Savior family, through the good times and the hard times, every second I have on my mission I come to know the importance of the sacrament, something I didn’t really realize before the mission, but what an important time to sit there, analyze your week, and think about the Savior and all he has done for me and how I can change this week to be more like him. I Love walking out of church Sundays know I feel so uplifted.

 

So yeah a couple fun things this week I ate flippin cow hoof. Yeah that’s right the dang foot of a cow... who eats that? Ha-ha  The member put it on my plate and he just started chewin away... I couldn’t tell what was the bone or the meat.. yeah so I kind of just sucked on it for a minute till yellow fluffy stuff started coming out.. about puked, then put it back on my plate and told the member… man that’s good …thanks hermano.. I’m full now... ha-ha then after that I cut a huge tree down in his yard with a dull machete then held a tucan all in one day. pretty fun.

 

You have heard we got changes and I’m staying here with my compañero actually, nobody got changed.  The Lord definitely has something in store for us this change, I’m excited. We are gaining more references from members right now too so we will be working with that this week.

 

Enjoy your coolness up there and try turning up the a/c a little bit so I can feel it down here.

 

Well family I love this work, what an opportunity it is to serve right now on the mission. I can’t wait to talk to you this next week on Christmas Day.  It will be sweet.   Have a great week.. love you.

 

Hey mom what’s up? So today I will go look for a pesebre, I don’t know what it’s called in English anymore, then give it to the Hermana Alvarez tonight when we go by and tell her to send it by FedEx.  Elder Leishman didn’t come out here.

 

Jenny s package was awesome… thanks!! I haven’t heard anything about my package. I talked to the office Saturday and he said he didn’t know anything about it…only that you had called. And yeah he said he hadn’t heard about the package.

 

I don’t know anything about the calls yet they ‘ send us any information, I’m sorry. I will get you info though by next week. That’s awesome Trevor is getting married… good for him.. what you translated into Spanish was to hit me when  Hermana Alvarez sees me… ha-ha  I don’t know if that’s what you wanted to say or not. But yeah thats about it. I got your Dear Elder about the coming home time. That’s dumb ha-ha …can you ask Presidente Callan about my situation and baseball and what he would suggest? Yes I will pray a lot and talk with Pres Agazzani..  Thanks Mom for everything, I hope you have a great week.

 

Tu hijito

No comments:

Post a Comment