Hey family what’s up? We had another great week here in Paraguay. It’s so flippin hot and it’s not even summer yet and the days are going over 100 degrees.. Yippee!!
This week I went out to one of the areas in my district to work there for two days to try and help them out over there to be able to see a baptism. We saw this huge miracle. It was Wednesday and I woke up telling myself we needed to find somebody today that’s going to be baptized. The Elder that I was with has been struggling lately and really down about the work so all morning long while I was leaving the house I was just praying like crazy that we would find someone that day. We went to our first couple appointments and they weren’t there. It was like 1:30 and our next set of appointments were at 7.. so I did some extra praying and pointed to a direction where we should go. So we went that way and were just walking down the street and there was nobody outside cause it was the siesta time and we walked past this street, then I just had the impression to go back there so we went back and turned then started walking past some houses. I looked at a house and kept walking then had the impression to go back and clap on it. We did and this guy comes out and just opens the gate without us even saying anything and we go in and sit down and teach an incredible lesson and he had told us that he has seen us all the time and always wondered what we are doing but never had the opportunity to talk to us. So we taught an awesome lesson and he accepted to get baptized and everything and at the end I asked him if we could walk in his house and offer a prayer kneeling and he accepted so we walked in knelt down and he began to pray, very sincerely… he asked God if the things we were teaching him were true, then just paused in the prayer and was just sitting there… for about a half a minute and I didn’t know what to do, then all the sudden he takes a big breath and finishes his prayer. I asked him how he felt and he said he had goose bumps and didn’t really know cause he said he had never felt that way before, then as we got up he was sweating a bunch and was just really surprised. I loved the moment after and being able to explain to him that that was the Holy Ghost testifying to him in that moment. It was awesome! I love teaching the restoration to complete strangers and just having the spirit showing them the way. I thought to myself after that too, how important it is for me to be worthy, praying, and searching for the spirit in literalmente every moment because I never know when that impression is going to come on which house to clap on, but if I’m complaining about the heat or about the hills or that nobody wants to listen to us, what I have figured out in my mission is that I will just keep walking along that dusty road in 100 degree weather because I won’t have the spirit with me.
I love the challenges about my mission… because there are a lot, just like every mission… but I love knowing that God has built this mission for me… and has given me all of these experiences.. just for me! I love this gospel, the spirit that I feel each time I open my mouth…it is true.. it exists and is only given in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints…to be a part of it is a true miracle to me. I love you family and I hope you guys have a great week.. stay safe and keep reading your scriptures. Adios.
Love Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment