ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, December 3, 2012

The Book of Mormon is True!!!

Hey mom,

Hey family what’s up ? It was another great week here in the mission. We saw some great Milagros (miracles) and had a bunch of people in church. It was pretty funny because there is this women that lives right next to Jorge and Ramona my converts that is way pregnant and is like a week and a half late.   She hadn’t been to church yet and I told her a couple weeks ago that if she came to church she would have her baby. She didn’t come for two Sundays and yesterday finally come because I think that she was getting tired of being pregnant. So during the sacrament meeting like 30 minutes before the end, she got huge pains in her stomach and had to leave early. I walked out to see if she was ok and she just smiled and laughed… and I told her... I told you so ha-ha. She said that if she has her baby today or tomorrow she will be at church every Sunday after that ha-ha.. so that was cool.

Oh it’s so flippin hot here I can’t believe it. I feel like I’m melting but it’s awesome because it really does build patience and character like they always say.. but yeah it was great.. we have a lot of work to do this week there is an area in my district kind of struggling so I’m gonna be doing divisions for a couple days with them this week.

I want to share just a couple spiritual thoughts. I ran across a couple quotes about the Book of Mormon from Bruce R. McConkie that I translated to English for you to hear... the first one is.

“The truth is that the salvation itself is at stake in this matter. if the Book of Mormon is true, if it is a volume of sacred scriptures, if it contains the will, the intention and the voice of the Lord for all men, if it is a divine witness of the prophetic calling of Joseph Smith, then to accept it and believe in its doctrine is to be saved, or to reject it or oppose its teachings is to be condemned”... I love that!!

The other one is…. “The Book of Mormon is true or it’s false, it comes from God or was begot in the reins of hell. It declares sincerely that all men should accept it as pure scripture or on the contrary they will lose their souls. It’s not, it cannot be, just only another object of religion, and it either came from heaven or hell. And it’s the hour that all those that search for the salvation find out for themselves if it’s of the Lord or Satan.”  

Those were very powerful declarations to me. We really do need to realize the importance of the Book of Mormon. It is there 100 % to help us in every single moment. Remember family it’s not just a book of ancient scripture, it was literally written for our day... for us.. so that we can understand it and abide by its precepts. I’m loving the change that the Book of Mormon is making in the lives of the investigadors and also my life, I have gone over a year and a half of reading this book every day of my life. It is changing me.. It changes people.

I want to share a poem that a great friend gave to me before my mission that I have kept through my mission. It’s called the Silversmith...

“Some time ago, a few ladies met to study the scriptures. While reading the third chapter of Malachi, they came upon a remarkable expression in the third verse.. And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.. Malachi 3:3. One lady decided to visit a silversmith, and report to the others on what he said about the subject. She went accordingly, and without telling him the reason for her visit, begged the silversmith to tell her about the process of refining silver. After he had fully described it to her, she asked.. Sir do you sit while the work of the refining process is going on? Oh yes maam, replied the silversmith, I must sit and watch the furnace constantly, for if the time necessary for refining is exceeded in the slightest degree, the silver will be injured. The lady at once saw the beauty and comfort of the expression. He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver. God sees it necessary to put his children into the furnace, but his eye is steadily intent on the work of purifying, and his wisdom and love are both engaged in the best manner for us. Our trials do not come at random, and he will not led us to be tested beyond what we can endure. Before she left, the lady asked one final question, How do you know when the process is complete? That’s quite simple, replied the silversmith. When I can see my own image in the silver, the refining process is finished....

It’s such a testimony builder about God who is molding us, he knows which trials and difficulties we need to exceed and be the people that he has created us to be. We ourselves will only make out of ourselves a smudge of what we can be.. and God will create a God out of us... I love you guys so much and I hope you are all happy and safe. Have a great week!

Hey mom what’s up? I was stoked that the sister from Paraguay was able to talk to you this last week. Hope you guys can continue to communicate… they are one of my favorite families.   I can’t believe Doug got home already.. that’s so weird. Tell Dad to stop whining about his knee ha-ha (I’m just kidding) Tell Becca that I’m praying for her and waiting her and waiting for her letter. I hope all is well there in that family.  To answer your questions…when the package gets here, they send me a notice that week that I sign and use sometimes personal money or my money to send it.. It’s only like 10 bucks no biggie… and I don’t know if I will be here in Cuidad for Christmas… I think I might get changed in like 2 weeks but we will see. If the Skype thing works where I am we can do it but I have no idea yet.  Hey I love you so much Mom… your letters are always incredible. I hope you are doing great and know your baby boy is great too. Tell Jess Reid her letter hasn’t come yet but I’ll be waiting for it. Thanks and love you Mom
Your baby boy….


No comments:

Post a Comment