ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Sunday, December 18, 2011

December 12, 2011 Asuncion Paraguay

My sweet mother,

Hey family what an awesome week it was here on the mission. Things are picking up great and we are finding families. I don´t know if I have talked much about this family yet but we found this guy named Gustavo in the street about two weeks ago on our way back to the pension. He seemed way nice and said that we could come by. Well we´ve been teaching him and his family for the last two weeks and they are incredible. Gustavo is probably one of the greatest people ever. All he wants is a better life for his family and he is willing to do whatever it takes to do that. He has told us numerous times that he really thinks this is it. Right now his wife is progressing, at first she didn´t want to listen and said that she got baptized by a prophet before, but right now she isn´t attending her church cause she got offended by someone, so wow what a blessing for us… but she is getting a lot better and more receptive. The only thing that Gustavo faults is he works Monday to Monday 6 in the morning to 8 at night and barely makes any money but he is talking a lot with his patron of his work to get Sundays off and he said it’s going to happen.

Also we are working with the guy in our stake to find a new job for him with more money and not to work on Sundays so were going to see some miracles here really quick. It was awesome yesterday because Roy his 9 year old son came to church with us and he loved it and spent some time in the primary and made some friends. He is way smart and he reads everyday with Gustavo. Yesterday in the chapel before church he drew a picture of his dad baptizing him in the water it was incredible, this family is amazing and they are going to get baptized I’m so stoked.

Also, we have a recent convert named Victor that got baptized a week before I got here. This guy has pretty much changed my life since I have been here and really made me look at the things that I have. The things that this guy has gone through and is going through is incredible. Just in the last year his son died from a car accident. He has lost his sight and has to be on dialysis every day. His wife cheats on him every day in their house and yesterday he found out that his other daughter of 14 years old has leukemia. But this man has a stronger testimony than anybody I have ever met. He knows this church is true with every fiber of his being and wants to share it with everyone but it’s so tough for him because he can’t see and walk much to leave his house... So sometimes he like calls radio stations during the day just to share his testimony to people, it’s so awesome this man has changed my life.

I’m so grateful everyday to my Heavenly Father that he is allowing me to meet people like this to have a place in my heart forever. I can’t believe too how much more time on my mission that I have to find more of these people. Pretty sweet huh? To finish my e-mail, I want to share a quick story that sends chills up your spine, in the mission north here in Paraguay there was an experience with two elders that tracted into this village and started talking to the people and the people of the village told the chief of village what the missionaries shared with them and the chief of the village one day walked up to the missionaries and asked him how they got all of their stories from their people in the Book of Mormon..... what the heck…This gospel is so true family, the story of Nephi and his family really happened and we have the gospel in all the world from prophets in Jerusalem and the Americas. There is not one doubt in my mind when I sit in a house with these incredible people and testify on my Savior and the love he has for them and the desire that he has that they accept his gospel... that it is true, not one doubt in my mind.

What an amazing calling it is to have the spirit work through you every day and bring this happiness that so many of us have to all the inhabitants of the earth. Share it family... share it with everybody and do all you can to watch people get baptized. Our Savior loves us so much; our Heavenly Father desires everyday to bless us if we give him the opportunity. Thanks family for the incredible people that you are and always have been. Pray for Fernando and for baptisms.. Have a great week.

Mom I’m sorry but I literally haven’t heard anything about our call arrangements on Christmas yet haha I don’t know if I’m going to be able to Skype but a phone call will be just fine too, if the Skype thing works out then great we´ll get it situated and all but what I think is going to happen is your going to buy a calling card yourselves to call me, that’s what I have heard other missionaries have done but I’m not sure. Don’t panic mom you’re going to get your call from your baby son it’s all going to work out. I’ll try to find out more stuff this week for the letter next week. Sounds like you guys are doing awesome though you and dad pretty much living the single life together without kids, it’s all part of the plan though. Can’t wait to talk on the phone and share more experiences with you guys. That´ll be awesome to spend Christmas up in Idaho too I’m excited for you guys. I’m getting over the Devin and Lauren thing too… I have other things to worry about here. It’s a bummer but hey I think my bro found his eternal companion and that’s awesome for him. Lauren will just have to deal with me being at their house everyday for about year hanging out with my bro when I get back, so yeah it’s all good. Thanks. Mom love you so much have a great week I’ll talk to you next Monday.

Love your baby boy haha

No comments:

Post a Comment