Hey family, thanks so much for the awesome call that I got to have with you guys yesterday on Christmas Day, it was amazing to hear from everybody and get an update on things.
First off I have to tell you a story that I experienced yesterday that made this Christmas the best Christmas that I could have ever had. For our district activity we went to a hospital and sang hymns to some of the sick people there. First it was a group of women that were waiting to take their baby’s home that were born premature; the others were just patients in the hospital for other things. The hospital was so sad to see …it was just dirty walls and the beds were just little pads and not much air conditioning. We went in to this one room to sing to this lady that just had a baby on Tuesday and she just stood their while we sang and after she started to thank us and just burst into tears telling us how nobody ever goes to visit her and she felt so lonely this Christmas day but with us coming in she said she felt so loved and was so grateful for that. That was such an amazing experience that I ha. After we left the hospital we went outside and gave gifts to a bunch of other little kids running around the street.
We went to the Stake President’s house for dessert than found a family in their ward that was way poor and we went by their house and we all got out of our Van and just starting giving gifts to like 25 kids that just ran out of their houses coming up to us. The smiles on their faces were amazing and I will never forget this moment for my whole life. People that were living in little brick houses that had bigger smiles on their faces than I had ever seen.
Family I didn´t have one gift to open yesterday or anything like that, but I was more happy this Christmas than I have ever been. I have a true testimony of that now that we don’t need to get anything to be happy but when you offer all your time and do nothing but give, you feel the TRUE happiness. I love you family so much and I’m so thankful for the people you are and examples in my life. Have a great week family. I love you so much!!
Your Little Boy…Elder Hager
(FYI…to put into perspective….it has been around 120 degrees there in Paraguay with the heat/humidity index….much different Christmas than he has ever had…also our Christmas package didn’t arrive and probably won’t for a few more weeks…so he truly had a different Christmas but one that he said will be the best he has had so far….)
No comments:
Post a Comment