Hey family como estan? I had one of the
most incredible weeks of my life. Tuesday we finally got to meet our Mission
Presidente, in fact me and my comp were walking down the street in Encarnacion
right as Presidente crossed the border and he stopped and picked us up and we
were able to guide him to the church. We had the most incredible conference
with him. I can count on one hand how many times I have actually felt the
spirit so strong as I did there. He is such an inspired man. When we met I felt
like I had known him forever for having those almost daily phone calls with him
for a month about the issues of the mission and things of the zone. He told me
that too that he felt like he had known me forever. We had to stay the
night Tuesday in Encarnacion because our bus didn’t leave till the next day so
we stayed with the other zone leaders there and the district of Encarn had a
party so we stayed there with Presidente and his wife for their part then went
and stayed the night at the zone leaders house there. Wednesday that zone had
interviews with president, our bus was supposed to leave at 12, but due to
complications we weren’t able to make our bus and the next one didnt leave till
9 in the morning on Thursday. So we stayed at the church while presidente did
all his interviews. Family, I witnessed a miracle that day. He started
his interviews at 8:30 in the morning, he had 18 interviews to do, and he
finished at 6:30 at night, he didn’t eat or rest for one minute, his wife sat
there talking with us the whole day and didn’t eat either because she won’t eat
until he eats, she never once complained, but we just sat there as she wanted
to hear about all of our mission experiences that we have had, it was
incredible. Tuesday after the conference we ate dinner with presidente too and
all of us zone leaders and presidente just told stories about the mission and
Paraguay because he served here too... it was one of the most fun times of my
life, just continued laughs about the funny things, and the spirit in abundance
about the miracles, this country is full of miracles. To be honest family it
was a very emotional time to be talking about all that stuff. After
presidente finished all those interviews Wednesday he came out and said well
Elder Hager and Elder Rodeback while you are here why don’t I just interview
you two also. So he took me in and I can’t begin to explain the spirit that was
felt as I walked in that room, there were tears the whole interview, that
lasted about 40 minutes. Very sacred and cherished things that I will remember
forever. I wish I had more time to spend with him here in the mission to work
side by side with him, but as we all know the Lord now has another mission
planned for me. I testify family, this is the work of God, that spirit felt
there will never be able to be denied. Jesus Christ is opening doors for his
work, I don’t know how but he does it, and it works, it all works... So this
week Presidente is coming to Pilar to interview our zone and talk with the
church leaders here which he has invited me and my comp too also be part of it
which should be awesome... They told us that next Monday night the 4 of us that
are going home together will travel to Encarn to get there Tuesday morning, we
will spend the day with presidente and his wife in interviews, We will go
to see those ancient ruins again, then to dinner then have testimony meeting in
the church. Tuesday night we get on a bus to go to Asuncion that will get
there in the morning and we will meet up with our group in total that came here
to Paraguay together in our other mission, where we will spend the whole day
with Presidente Agazzani and our group will be going to the temple and to lunch
and dinner at his house and have testimony meeting. At night the office elders
will take us to the airport to leave Thursday morning, so basically my last day
sleeping is this Sunday night..... But wow that sounds like a crazy week! I’ve
got a lot of work to do this week. Well family I love you so much, you guys are
incredible! Have a great week! Stay safe!
Love Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment