Hey family what’s up? Well.... it’s the
week that I literally never thought was going to come. My heart feels like its
splitting in two pieces. What an incredible experience this was... never to be
forgotten! This week was incredible! Tuesday I got a call from presidente
saying that he was going to come to Pilar and asked me to organize his schedule
with interviews for the missionaries, visiting less active members, meetings
with the leaders and hotel arrangments.. so we got to work and were able to
plan out two incredible days with presidente and the hermana. He truly is a man
called of God. Me and my companion had the great privilege to accompany him to
visit two less active families that haven’t gone to the temple but are just
kind of coming to church... Wow the spirit was incredibly strong as the
families talked to us about their doubts, then to have presidente bear solemn
testimony about the importance of what they needed to do, then looking at me to
be a second witness to him along with my companion... what unity it was
teaching with him... He was able to be there for our ward night and also we
took him to dinner.. It was such an incredible time with him... All Thursday we
were with him through interviews and meetings with the local leaders and he got
the leaders on fire here.. They are excited to work... But yes family the week
was great,, we worked hard. till the last moment.
Family, I also had a sacred experience
today in the morning finishing the Book of Mormon once again... it is true!
There is just an undeniable spirit that is in that book, it testifies of
christ, it is a witness that Joseph Smith was called of God to translate it,
and it’s a witness that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the
true church upon the face of the earth.. that Christ has established in
preparation for the second coming of him... Here are a couple verses that I
loved reading today while finishing.... Moroni 9:25 “My son, be faithful in
Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee
down unto adeath; but may
Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body
unto our fathers, and his mercy and blong-suffering,
and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your cmind forever....
I loved this verse.. may we always have the eye single to the glory of God and
let him sustain us in all we do. We don’t sacrafice anything, cause everything
we have is a gift to God. I dont look at these two years as a sacrifice... it
was a blessing and a honor to serve alongside my Savior and king. To sacrifice
something it must be giving something that’s yours, all I have done is given
Christ what he has already given to me... The greatest blessing of all... Just
like in Doctrine and Covenants 14:7 And, if you akeep my
commandments and bendure to
the end you shall have ceternal life,
which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God. That right now is our goal.
I love you family, as I get home this week that same goal will continue in our
family forever. Take care and be safe.
Love you! Your son…Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment