ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013....Winding down.......


Hey family what’s up? Wow this week was another crazy week! But the Lord continues to bless us here as we are still working on establishing the mission here. In the Pilar District we have been able to see a lot of changes because for about a month and a half my companion and I and the District Presidente worked on a  leaders capacitation  that we had a little over a week ago that actually over 30 leaders were able to attend. They were all touched, made new goals, and we are already seeing the fruits of it. Our branch has finally established Home Teaching and we are working with the Relief Society so they have theirs too, but we are already seeing the success in the branch for the efforts. Last night in ward council I talked about that with the leaders, I showed them that ever since we started having councils and have done some visits, our attendance in church has grown more than 20 people in the last month, just trying to show all of them the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants  “Unto him much is given, much is required”. That is what is taking place in the district here and the leaders are getting excited.

The work in my area this week was kind of haulted due to the adversary, my companion fell sick for basically the whole week, we really weren’t able to work in the area much. And tonight we go to Encarnacion for a leaders council, then we have divisions in Ayolas on Wednesday, and meetings and interviews with President this Thursday. But as always everything is for a purpose and the Lord will bless us with miracles for the time that we will spend in our area. As I told Presidente today in my email, the Lord knows what he is doing, I’m not worried about it at all. Especially with all the difficulties it has been for the mission change, the Lord knows what he is doing, I’m not worried about it. We are excited for the work here in the district, the sisters had a baptism on Saturday that I baptized, this week her mom  gets baptized and I’m pretty sure she wants me to do it too, it’s awesome!  Blessings and miracles! I hope you guys have a great week family and continue in the gospel. I have had the goal my last change to read one more time the Book of Mormon and to finish my last day, and today I just finished alma and wow….the examples of those Profetas and leaders, as they guided their small armies against the strongest nations of the Lamanites, and they always said that the Lord would deliver them, and at the end of Alma, they were delivered out of the hands of the Lamanites, established again the church and lived in peace. That’s the same promise to us. Les quiero mucho familia tengan una buena semana. Chao.

Elder Hager

 

No comments:

Post a Comment