ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013 - Adversary is working hard....but I know the Lord is in charge!


Hey family what’s up? This week was crazy... We got a call Monday saying that we needed to go to Encarnacion to see Presidente so at 12:30 in the morning we got on a 6 hour bus ride to get there. We had just a little time to wait until president got there so my comp and I went to my old area and I was able to visit 2 of my converts there. It was amazing to see them again, they were so surprised to see me. That was awesome. Then we went to the church and waited and got a call from president saying they wouldn’t let him into Paraguay because his visas don’t work. So we had to just do a Skype call with him. There are a lot of difficulties with the mission. We don’t receive mail yet because they can’t send things to us, we are out of Books of Mormon here…. not really knowing what to do. This week there are changes and we have to head down to Ayolas to make a bunch of changes there. So we are just running from one side to another.

We are teaching this amazing family right now that we found a couple weeks ago. Last week they were preparing to come to church and then it started to pour rain. Yesterday we went to their house right before and they were getting ready to go, as we were talking to the guy his wife came out and said her mom just called her saying that her aunt just passed away... yeah wow. So they couldn’t go and had to go to the families house. Trials big time. The adversary knows this family is special. But family I know something great will happen, after a little discouragement yesterday, I’m now really excited always knowing that everything is in God’s hands, he knows exactly what he is doing. That’s all I need to know. I know this work is guided by our loving Heavenly Father. He loves all his missionaries. He is aware family of every one of us. That’s one personal witness that I have come to have and cherish on my mission. Family you are awesome!! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Have a great week! Here’s a scripture for the week that I read and absolutely loved this week. It’s in Mosiah 4:10-13

10 And again, believe that ye must arepent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in bsincerity of heart that he would cforgive you; and now, if you dbelieve all these things see that ye edo them.

 11 And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have atasted of his love, and have received a bremission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own cnothingness, and his dgoodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of ehumilityfcalling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing gsteadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.

 12 And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with thealove of God, and always bretain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in thecknowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true.

 13 And ye will not have a amind to injure one another, but to live bpeaceably, and to render to every man according to that which is his due.

Love you all

Your son…Elder Hager

 

No comments:

Post a Comment