ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Monday, September 3, 2012

Hey family what’s up? We had a great week this week as the heat is picking up fast and the hills get even harder to climb.   I think I’m going to die this summer, oh well it will be in the service of the Lord so I’m good :) so yeah our baptism didn’t happen with some complications of the ward and things like that but we have plans to make it happen this week so I’m stoked. We are also teaching a guy named Arnarldo that we contacted about 3 weeks ago and he came to church last week and yesterday. It was sweet!! He loves it all and says that he feels the spirit and knows it’s something different, but yesterday after an awesome testimony meeting he called me over to talk to him and told me that he didn’t feel comfortable there cause the whole ward even the kids come in suits and white shirts and he doesn’t have the money to buy that right now. He started getting emotional, I really think family that he wants to be a part of this but he just doesn’t feel confident in himself to make the steps, but I talked to a member in the ward that’s going to try to get him a shirt and I’m going to give him a tie so were going to see some miracles with him this week. We have some other great investigators were teaching and we need to keep finding more.

It’s been amazing family through my mission to go up to a house and clap on it for the people to come out and when they see us they immediately say nope I’m Catholic I don’t want to hear from you guys, then we just make a sincere contact with love and then miracles happen and they feel the spirit and let us in. Even during the lesson they try to go off subject talking about how our church isn’t true but then as we open our mouths and testify the spirit literally closes the mouth of the people and they are forced to listen to us. It’s said and I testify that nobody in the entire world can deny a sincere testimony. I have learned so much how to handle these situations and just testify. That’s the best advice I can give to you all, just testify and watch the power of the Lord unfold in front of you.

Just to share with you a little thing. I always heard before my mission…RM’s saying that the mission is the hardest thing ever, I always pushed that aside and said to myself that the mission wouldn’t be hard only fun with a trial here and there. Family I was dead wrong.  Every single day, every day you are faced with trials on the mission, but it’s the happiest I have ever been in my life. It’s like President Eyring said... Give me mountains to climb.  Family before the mission I faced trials of things like having to climb Mount Everest. The mission helps and makes you into the person that confronts Mount Everest as a normal hill. It’s amazing. You guys are amazing. Stay firm in the gospel no matter what. There is only one thing to say to the people that have made these covenants.... VERY SACRED COVENANTS.. in this church and then fall away, its cause you do not understand the doctrine. I don’t care how hard it seems or if you hear something about the church you don’t like, you stick to every single covenant you have ever made in this church. As we know, God will not be mocked. This is the everlasting restored church on the earth today and although people deny it, they cannot destroy the divine power of the holy priesthood that this church holds. I have had a question that somebody continuously asks of me, that says… why are there so few members in your church then... But as the bible says... straight is the way and narrow is the path, and few are those that will find it. But that our church is the fastest growing church on the face of the earth. Let’s make it grow more. I love you family so much… your amazing!  Have a great week.

Love Elder Hager



No comments:

Post a Comment