ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, September 17, 2012

Great Week with Miracle and Hearing from the Prophet

Hey family what’s up? so we had a great week here in Ciudad Del Este even though it was so flippen hot I couldn’t believe how fast that heat came back, and they say we are still in winter here (ha-ha) I’m going to die this summer. This week it hit 100 degrees. Yeah... Time to start eating more so I don’t lose 50 pounds :) so yeah first off sounds like you guys are all doing great and the family is still safe. Its way weird to me that like all 3 of you are like living a different life… mom staying at home working… dad traveling always and dev living with his new wifey doing their own thing... And Elder Hager just kickin it in South America.. Your lives are boring compared to mine :) Just a favor from you please… if you can kick on those air conditioners up there and point them to Paraguay ha-ha.

So yeah we had a great week we are finding a lot and just trying way hard to see miracles. I’ll share a great experience that I had this week with the spirit. It was Wednesday in the afternoon and all of our appointments had fallen and it was so hot we didn’t know what to do. We just started clappin in front of houses and no luck for like 3 hours. As we were going up to another house I had an impression and saw literally the area in where God wanted us to be. I saw the area and houses. So we walked about 10 minutes to this area and I told my comp that we were gonna clap this whole street starting with this first one. We clapped it and a guy came out and just said “hey enter.. come on in”. So we went in and sat on his patio and started talking telling us that he is the cousin of one of our active members and that he investigated the church before and knows the members. I was stoked so we taught him and it was great. We went back and taught him Saturday and committed him to come to church and it was sweet cause a member that lived close went by Sunday in the morning and brought him and his señora to the church… it was a straight up miracle. The spirit guided me to that house and we saw a miracle. So were excited to keep working with him. Keep prayin for em.

Also yesterday we had Stake Conference, but it was satellite broadcast from Salt Lake where Elder Gonzales of the presidencia de la 70 talked with Neil Anderson the apostle and our beloved prophet Monson. It was amazing I felt the spirit so strong. Elder Anderson talked a lot about tithing and shared some stories along with the experience of Elder Oaks and when his dad passed away. He said Elder Oaks quoted that its easier in life to live off of 90 % of your money and the Lords help than 100% of your money without the help of the Lord. President Monson shared an experiencia when he was a bishop there was this guy in his ward named Shirley that was just one of the hardest core men he had ever met in his life, all his family were members but he didn’t want to know anything. President Monson left to be a Mission Presidente and came home and was called as an apostle and received a call from Shirley and the first thing Shirley asked him was if he could perform their sealing in the temple.... Pres. Monson said that he told him.. Shirley you have to be a member of the church first by baptism.. he told him Presidente I already got baptized and I’m waiting for my sealing. Pres. Monson testified that if Shirley could change than anybody in the world can change. Also he mentioned a lot about the less actives. He said almost all of them know the gospel and what they need to do but that they need somebody to show them the way. He told us that every single member needs to leave their homes to rescue these people. So yeah it was amazing family I was so blessed to hear the voice of the prophet.. And word has it that Elder Bednar is coming to Paraguay in the next month so that would be way sweet.... Well family I love you so much this church is guided by our Savior Jesus Christ. Stay firm and watch the mysteries of God unfold in your lives..

Love Elder Hager



No comments:

Post a Comment