Hey my sweet mother,
What’s up fam… sounds like your all doin awesome. Just to start off I take it back from when I said last week that it cooled down a little bit cause it didn’t this week I roasted my you know what off this week (ha-ha) This weather seems more bi polar than Utah. So family, guess what… I got my first two baptisms this week on Saturday it’s a lady named Inocencia and her son Fernando. When I first got here they had been taught a lot but had so many doubts. At times she didn’t want to tell us anything but as we taught with the spirit it helped her open up and we were able to resolve her doubts and she´s getting baptized so I’m stoked for that then the week after we are baptizing a 17 year old kid named Juan who the other elders had just barely started teaching so we´ve been teaching him for a bit and he came to church yesterday and is getting baptized on the 17th. Plus we have two or three families that are references from some members so I’m excited to get to know them.
The area here needs a lot a lot of help but we´ve been working with the less actives a lot and trying to baptize all their family members who haven’t been baptized yet so were going to have the water in the font a lot this month, I’m excited. The area is good though it’s freaking huge. It’s kind of weird cause by car you can get to my last area in like 20 minutes so yeah I basically didn’t move (ha-ha)
I know that the Lord called me here for a reason and he has a work for me to do so I know I have to be 100% obedient and work my butt off and I’ll find that out real soon. That’s one thing that I had a hard time with in Fernando was finding out why I was there cause I wasn’t baptizing. But leaving and saying goodbye to my investigators with the 3 families I had been teaching and hearing their testimonies of the Book of Mormon and desires to be baptized made me realize why I was there. That was one of the tenderest moments I have had in my entire life was hearing those investigators tell me that they knew the Book of Mormon was the word of God and the church was true.
Family I’ve only been on my mission for a short time but I am and will forever be grateful for the decision that I made to serve a mission. I hope you are all reading this Book of Mormon every single day family; you can’t go one day without it because it literally has every single answer to our problems in life in it, and the spirit turns on in our hearts the moment that we open the book. Read it.. study it.. and live it and every blessing that there is promised in that book will be revealed openly in our lives.
Also family, I’m freakin stoked we get to go to the temple next week it’s going to be legit to hear my first session in Spanish so can’t wait for that. I love you so much family have a great week... Adíos familia siempre recuerden que la iglesia es verdadera y compártala con todos. (Goodbye family always remember that the church is true and share it with everyone)
Your baby boy….Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment