ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Elder Hager's Letter for March 27th, 2012

Hey family what’s up? So this week was a really good week we saw some great things happen. We had a break for a couple days with the weather but they said in a couple days it will get back up to the 100s again. Its friggin hot in this country, it doesn’t look hot when you just look at a thermometer but when you’re out there in the humidity walking down rocky streets in pants and a tie its friggin hot… in Guarani they say haku pon´a. Speakin Guarani is the best and it really helps you warm up to people too if you go up to their house speaking Guarani they just like open the door and say come in, its awesome. So the work is going good we are just working really hard on trying to strengthen the ward. It’s an area with 1000 members in it but our attendance in the church is like 25 so we just have to get em all rounded up again and push em back in the church.

Family I got to tell you I love this country with my whole heart. Even next August when I come home my heart will always be here. The moment you talk to some of these people you just fall in love with them. The other day we were just walking outside in the most massive rainstorm of my life and just soaking wet not getting into any houses cause everybody just shut their doors and were sleeping, and as we were doing that a lady came out of her little corner shop and just threw like 10 bananas in a bag and told us to take them for free and enjoy our day. Stuff like that happens all the time it really is the most humbling experience every time it happens just cause these people don’t really have much to spare but they just want to give because it’s their culture. But yeah that’s one of the amazing things I have experienced on the mission is just growing a love for these people.

Today too was one of the greatest times ever, we went to the temple. We got on a bus and went to central Asuncion and its awesome cause you have just driven by all these big tall buildings then you come around the corner and see this gorgeous temple sitting on the corner of the street. Its right on the corner of a really busy intersection but right when I walked on the temple grounds like everything zoned out and I just felt the spirit and that was it. And of course entering was even better. I can’t express how good it feels to walk in the doors of the Lords house and hand my temple recommend to the guy and have him tell me I’m ok to enter. Being worthy to always hold that in your hands is one of the greatest blessings in the world. My first session in Spanish was awesome I understood the whole thing. And family I can tell you that in the blessings that I received before the mission that told me about the language on my mission has completely been fulfilled before my eyes. The Lord has poured out blessings upon me with the language that I can’t believe. I understand everybody and from these humble people I receive compliments about the language a lot. But I give all of that thanks to my Heavenly Father and nothing to what I have done.

Family I hope through my letters you can feel my testimony growing each and every week. This has been the hardest time of my life but the most rewarding and I think every missionary that has ever served would put that the same way. I love this work, each and every day that I open my mouth to testify I know this is the Lords work. I love you so much family… have a great week. Oh yeah one more experience that was awesome. So outside of the temple today I was talking to this elder that looked familiar and he said he lives in Layton and I asked if he knew Dom Taylor and he said yeah I played baseball with him at Northridge and I said wait are you a lefty pitcher and he said yeah.. I was like. hey I think I hit a home run off you at your field our senior year. and he said yep that was me ha-ha do you remember that… that like 400 foot home run I hit there that game? Yeah he was the pitcher. So that makes one pitcher in my mission that I hit a home run off of and remember the other one that’s here that I hit the walk off triple in the state playoffs at Copperhill’s? Yeah just something funny I thought you´d get a kick out of.. I’m out peace.

Love Elder Hager

No comments:

Post a Comment