ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, February 27, 2012

Jordan Get's Transferred to New Area

Hey fam what’s up? So this week was kind of a bitter sweet moment. I got called Tuesday morning to get transferred... In one way I was excited to get out and see a new area and Paraguay but I never thought it was going to be so hard saying goodbye to all those people there. I met some of the most incredible people in my entire life there that I will remember forever.
The last Sunday the family Rojas came to church and they should be getting baptized in two weeks and William Meza didn’t come to church so we went over there Monday and found out that his mom had out of the blue passed away and it was so sad my heart broke for him cause he’s one of my best friends in the world. We went to see him on Monday but he wasn’t there so we went back Tuesday night for me to say goodbye and when he opened the door his whole family was reading the book of Mormon… it was one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen cause I found this guy in the street like 3 and a half months ago and now he’s getting ready to be baptized. He sat down and gave me his Book of Mormon and told me to show him where his mom is right now. I was so thankful for the spirit and the Book of Mormon to be able to answer those questions that brought so much peace to him at that time. Then I talked to him about baptism and he said he’s getting baptized no matter what and I’m pretty sure that he’s getting baptized this Saturday… so yeah I balled like a baby leaving his house right now. I don’t know there is something about the mission and the relationship you have with people because I feel like I have known him my whole life. I can’t wait to hear what happens.
So family, I’m in an area only like 10 minutes from my other area so it’s kind of weird because my area now touches another area in my old district so yeah it’s just like right there. I’m in a city called San Isidro and my new comp is Elder Oberg from Bountiful Utah who is the district leader. Oh yeah and my freakin companion Elder Henrie I just left was like the coolest kid I have ever been with I had so much freakin fun with that kid for a change… he is amazing I can’t wait to hang out with him after the mish… we got way close.
So yeah the area is a branch. It use to be a ward it has like 1000 members here but only 25 come to church so we have a lot of work to do. The first thing I want to do is get to work on the less actives and baptize the people in their families that aren’t members yet. In areas like this that’s what you have to do to see a lot of success and retain the converts. It was pretty sweet how much happened in Fernando de la Mora because when I got there the attendance at church was like 30 and when I left we were consistently at about 55 to 60. We went to work over there I can’t wait to go back someday.. it will be sweet. So yeah new chapter in the mish can’t wait to see what it brings. Family I love you so much take care have an awesome week.... Peace

Love Elder Hager

No comments:

Post a Comment