ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Thursday, October 11, 2012

General Conference Was Incredible!!!

 Hey family what’s up? I had the greatest week of the mission with general conference. We get to basically just devote our Saturday and Sunday to that cause it takes up so much time. I can’t even explain how grateful I was to listen to conference. I went to conference with questions, wants, desires, worries, and everything and I left receiving more than I could have ever even hoped for. I was able to sit under the voice of Profetas and Apostles de Jesucristo.  Family for how strong my testimony was about the church before conference, it has grown 10 fold. I know Heavenly Father is aware of me, I know that he knows we exist and literally knows all of our difficulties in life. It was if God himself was there speaking to us, the words that came out of the voice of their mouths were to me as trumpets of God telling me what I need to do to truly, truly become a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am so far from perfect, I fall every day, but our Savior always picks us up every time so we can feel that strength when we do need it.  I could go on forever about the conference but I just want to leave you with one more part from it, the talk from Elder Ballard about helping someone during the day.  Family if ever you finish a day of your lives and at night ask yourself if you helped anyone through the day and the answer is no, you have failed your day,  we need to repent, change, and do better tomorrow. We are not just here in our lives to work, play, and die. We are solely here to build the kingdom of God and if we waste days as President Uchtdorf shared, we will regret and hinder the work. That’s one thing that I have noticed on my mission with some missionaries that have chosen not to follow the rules, if we just don’t do anything we think that everything is the same as it was and its ok... but even if we don’t do anything during the day we actually make situations worse and hinder the work of the Lord. I love knowing that, which puts pressure on me every day to never go home knowing that I couldn’t help someone that day. I will stay in the street till 6:30 in the morning if that’s what it takes to help someone. I love this gospel it’s so true. All of the anti-mormon things that there are going on in the world is just another testimony builder to me that Satan is trying to destroy the greatest creation of God on the earth, no other church receives this type of persecution, cause Satan doesn’t have to worry so much.

This week we sat in a lesson with a new investigador that started telling me that we have many flaws in our church and told me to wait a minute while he got up to go get something in another room.  As he left the spirit told me that he was going to bring back anti-mormon material, I told my comp.  He came back with a few different materials of things about anti-mormon stuff. I immediately told him as he sat down that I would have no word from him about that stuff he had, I told him that it was absolute garbage and to throw it away. It was kinda funny cause he didn’t know how to react with some 20 year old chewin him out ha-ha. He started to try to talk about how our beliefs were false and I just cut him off... and shared with him my most sincere testimony to him that by the divine power of the Holy Ghost, I know for a fact that this church is true, and that nobody could ever deny that from me. He didn’t know what to say after, someone that was so full of so many words to start off was shut up by the Holy Ghost. We thanked him for his time and left. How can some 19 year old and 20 year old with not a huge education of the scriptures silence a man of more than 10 years of bible study, we didn’t.. but the spirit did.

Family this week I finished the Book of Mormon for the 4th time on my mission and 3rd time in Spanish. As I finished I went into the other room of the apartment and knelt down alone with the book in my hand, before I began to pray to God my heart started pounding, throughout the whole prayer it was pounding harder, I asked God to give me another witness of these things, as I finished my prayer my heart immediatly stopped and a peace came over me, I knew in that moment that god was on the other side listening to me and more importantly answering me. The book of Mormon is true. Just as I was saying before we can’t just not read it and expect to stay the same on testimony or in our lives, if we don’t read it.. we get worse, if we do read it, god opens the powers of heaven upon us. Which do you want. I love you so much family imp stoked that your all doing great. Pray for Paraguay and were going to go baptize. Have a great week.


Hey mom thanks for the awesome letter sounds like you guys had a great time. that is amazing about the age change, I would have been home for3  months now ha-ha weird. that’s so awesome about Elder Leishman he’s a stud I will always love that time we had together, he thinks I helped him but really I didn’t do anything. God knew where he needed to be and he helped me out so much too. I got the package thanks so much it’s awesome. I’m still waiting for a letter from Jeff too please if you could remind him. I loved the card from Garrett he told me that he was gonna play for SLCC next year so we have to plan to room together down there that would be amazing. And so yeah. Mom how is brother Meyers wife doing? I’ve been worried about her lately I hope she is ok. I’ll be praying for her. How’s Brother Burnham too? All is well… your amazing mom I hope you have an awesome week. I’ll be thinking of Christmas stuff too. I haven’t been able to listen to the tape yet but I’ll let you know.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment