ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, October 22, 2012

Elder Bednar is coming to visit! Revelation Station!!!!

So this week was pretty sweet.  We had some great stuff happen! We were able to make a ton of plans with some leaders from the stake and the other elders in our ward on how to work better here in this area and see more success.   We also got permission to work in front of 2 big shopping malls this week to get the word out so I think we are going to set  a couple tables out with a bunch of pictures and information about the Church and we will sit out there talking to everybody… it should be pretty cool. I did that with Dev on his mission, so yeah it should be pretty cool.  Also my companion and I started to plan out an open house for the Church next month to get people to come on a big tour to see what we do then have a little video at the end. I already talked to the Stake President and received permission for that so we got a lot of stuff to do and the Lord is going to bless us incredibly for our hard work..
So it was pretty cool today we just got back from touring Itaipu Dam which is the biggest dam in the world. It was incredible, we watched a video for a minute then they took us on a bus right up to it and all the way across the river to Brazil. So yeah I was in Brazil today for about 10 minutes, it was incredible I took a ton of photos that I will send next week, it was nuts!  Look it up on the internet and research it. So yeah that was way cool.
So I’m pretty stoked  this Saturday we are traveling to Asuncion to have a meeting with ELDER BEDNAR THE APOSTLE. That’s gonna be the best day ever it’s like revelation station. It’s going to be incredible to be in the room with him to hear of his voice and teachings. So Friday we will  get on a bus at like midnight and travel about 6 hours there listen to him then travel all the way back. Should be a fun week. Also I was reading one his talks that he is having us study before we come and  it was incredible! It’s called “Ask in Faith”. He talks in here about t prayer and everything and really how to exercise our faith. I want to share with you a part that I love from here .. it says.. “we properly pray for the safety and success of the full time missionaries throughout the world. And a common element in many of our prayers is a request that the missionaries will be led to individuals and families who are prepared to receive the message of the restoration. But ultimately it is my responsibility and your responsibility to find people for the missionaries to teach. Missionaries are full time teachers. you and I are full time finders. And you and I as lifelong missionaries should not be praying for the full time missionaries to do our work”. That was just incredible to me and I have already repented for not doing more before my mission. I always loved sharing the gospel but I never took it to the next step.. Family don’t pray for the missionaries to find, you get out and find. It’s your job, even if you don’t want to or are fearful to do it cause you already signed on when you were baptized there is no going back :) I know with all my heart, all my testimony and faith in Jesus Christ that if you sincerely pray and look for these experiences, you will find somebody that is ready to be baptized.. Like Joseph Smith when he was searching for the true church, his initial thought was.. which of all the churches are right, and which should I join. So Joseph not only was thinking about which church but was ready and willing to act when his answer came.
Family we must be like that. We need to not only ask for things but get out to find what we are asking for and be ready for whatever answer comes.. I love this gospel, I can’t say it enough and I know you have heard that many times from me. It is engraved in my heart down to my soul. Pray family, have faith, and find those people that are needing the gospel, like preach my gospel says, many people are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it.
Have a great week..

Hey my sweet mother, so yeah those were good pics of Elder Leish.  I have eatin cow tongue on my mission too… did I tell you that.. Gross and a half, it had a squeeky texture. That’s weird Sennett is home. That’s way scary about Brother Burnham. Dad is getting knee surgery? What the heck… what happened?  But yeah if you can believe it over a year in Paraguay and I’m workin on single digits now.. Wow! So Presidente Agazzani,  I talk to in email every week and see him about every month and a half. I feel way close to him… he is incredible! And the hills goes up to other parts of different cities.. it’s crazy and hard to explain but pictures after will help. I share the candy with members, but I’m still working on finishing some off now.

Now for the Christmas package. Letters like last year from everybody would be cool. Also conference tapes from this last conference.  and yeah for now that’s all I got. And that pitching band.
I love you mom so much.. you’re incredible… have a great week.

Tu hijito



No comments:

Post a Comment