ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

What’s up family? Well this week was full of miracles I can’t even describe it to you. We were able to have another baptism this week of Fernando who’s got canceled with Inocencia, but we were able to do it this week. It was awesome! I baptized him too in just freezing cold water. I don’t know what happened but when we filled the font no warm water came out so when I stepped in the font I about hyperventilated and I had to keep a strong face for Fernando so that he would go in (ha-ha) Family, I love being in Paraguay.. there is nothing better than these experiences…. like this will last me for a lifetime.

This week me and my awesome comp worked so freakin hard. There were nights I got to the apartment and thought I was just going to pass out on the floor. But we decided to put our focus on working with the less actives in the ward and animating the bishop here. Family when I first got here in February there were 22 people that went to church. Yesterday we had 52 people in the church.. it was the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen…

I couldn’t even believe it and Carlos and Loly came together… it was amazing. They were going to separate but we just decided to go back to them this week and found out that they hadn’t been reading or praying together so I just really dropped the cane on them ha-ha sounds bad but seriously that’s what the spirit guided me to do. They kept trying to make excuses about the other and I just said “stop, stop, stop” I don’t want to hear this right now cause I don’t care, all I care about is what’s going to happen right now. I pretty much bent their arms to read their book of Mormon together and pray and guess what family they did it this week and came to church. It was a miracle! The most incredible thing about the mission is the miracles. I’ll be honest with you family the mission is probably more full of difficulties but the miracles that God puts in your path literally makes you forget all the difficulties that you have had and grows your testimony 10 fold. I can’t explain the love I have for these people down here I love every one of them even if they treat us bad. Your life is what you make of it. If you always dwell on the stuff going bad in your life... well guess what your life is gonna be like... bad. But if you just say hey that sucked but hey look at this.. this is awesome… what a great opportunity we have here.. your life will be full of miracles every day. That is one of the things the mission has changed most about me I think.. is being more positive cause before my mission I wasn’t at all and I regret that. But I would hope I’ve changed a lot cause this has been the hardest 8 months of my life but I’m having more fun now than ever before and I’m getting lost in the work. Love you family so much. I hope you have an awesome safe week.

No comments:

Post a Comment