Family and friends…
So this was an awesome week. Transfers came and I got a new companion this week. His name is Elder Leishman from Brigham City, Utah and he knows Hunter Balmer really good. He has only been here 2 changes so I get to work with him and with the language a lot. And I don’t know why too but they took a risk and put me at district leader … so yeah I was way humbled when I got that call. All I have looked at it as a time to be an example and just to learn from everybody. It’s always the question of what can I do to serve the others. So yeah we got to work and saw some awesome things happen this week. We were walking down the street one night thinking of someone to go to and the spirit told me to stop by and see how this part member family is doing. It’s a young couple that aren’t married and the dad drinks and smokes and it’s a pretty rough situation but we stopped by not knowing what we were going to share with them and we got in their house and talked about the first half of the plan of salvation and they absolutely loved it. I noticed an immediate change in the dads eyes and he got really excited. We set a time to go back the next day to share more. The next day in the morning I was praying so hard to know what he needs right now and in my studies I felt to talk about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the power that was restored then and to take a magazine of temples and talk about a temple marriage forever. Which you usually don’t teach till after baptism. But we did it and the spirit guided the entire lesson… it was incredible. When we opened the temple magazine he just got amazing and said he wanted it. We invited him to be baptized and married on the 28 of April so family please pray hard for this family cause they need it right now. They have been on the verge of breaking up for like a year but now is their time to change and have an eternal family. So yeah that and a lot of other miracles we saw this week it was awesome.
The Easter week here in Paraguay is a little difficult though ha-ha it’s called the semana santa which is holy week for all the Christians and all they do is either travel or sit in their house with family and make a thing called chipa to eat and they don’t let anyone in ha-ha it’s pretty funny holidays here in Paraguay. But yeah were back to normal and were going to have an awesome week this week. I love you family so much I hope your all doing great.
Love Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment