Hey
mother,
Hey
family what’s up? Well we had kind of an interesting week here. My comp was
told by the Mission President’s wife that he had to stay in the apartment till
we went to see this other doctor on Wednesday. We went there and they diagnosed
him with arthritis. He has to begin taking pills for the rest of his
life. He was feeling better Saturday and we were able to go out and work a
little bit Saturday and Sunday which was amazing, it was not fun being in the
apartment for a week, I needed so bad to get out and share my testimony
again with somebody and it was way nice. During the week we were waiting for a
bus to take us to the hospital and a guy walked by and I like ran up to him to
contact him just to tell him we were missionaries of Jesus Christ and we
represent his restored church on the earth again... yeah that was nice! Ha-ha.
I love being a missionary at all times, not just walking in the street from one
appointment to another, but on buses… in different areas… in hospitals.
Everywhere the Lord has called us to serve. Those little experiences make the
entire difference. I have even had miracles on my mission of people just seeing
the Book of Mormon. I made a promise that every day of my mission I would have
a Book of Mormon in my hand when we were working no matter how hot it was, I
remember when I got a new comp and he was new and didn’t think to highly of the
idea and just told me that he would rather not do that, I bore my testimony to
him that day that God would bless us for that…so kind of begrudgingly he
put it in his hand and that afternoon as we were walking down the street there
was this car just sitting there on the other side of the street that rolled
down his window and called us over to talk to him. So we went and I was just
like what’s up.. he said when you guys were walking up I saw that book in your
hands and it interests me a lot, could you tell me about it... Man I was just
amazed at the miracle the Lord had given to us. It turned out he lived in
another area so we passed the reference on to the other elders but I’m sure
that man was baptized into the church…. little things like that family we need
to be aware of. Coach Waddoups at SLCC always had a Book of Mormon on his
dashboard of his car and I loved seeing that. God is preparing the hearts of
his children to be baptized... but what are we willing to do to listen to his
spirit telling us where they are.
I
loved the story from President Monson in the conference about him swimming in a
pool then having a prompting from the spirit telling him that he needed to go
see a friend that was paralyzed in the hospital. So he got out immediately and
went to the hospital only to find his friend in a wheelchair sitting by the
edge of the pool with thoughts of taking his own life. President Monson was in
tune with the spirit enough to be an instrument for God that day, and it didn’t
happen just because he was an apostle, it happened because he listened. We as
members of the Church have the right to have the gift of the spirit always with
us, it’s just a matter if we use it or not. But as God says if we don’t use our
talents, he will take them from us and give them to somebody that already has a
lot. I love this work, I plead to God every day in my prayers that this day I
can be an instrument in his hands to bless the life of somebody else. Look
around during the day, there are a lot of people to help. Have a great week
family! I love you guys so much. Shall we not go on in so great of cause?
Love Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment