Hey mother,
Hey family what’s up? It was another great week but full of some trials also. Due to some issues with our investigator that weren’t able to get worked out he wasn’t able to be baptized Saturday and I don’t know if he will be for a while. It was pretty tough and kind of a crusher but it’s just the time to pick it up and keep going and working to find more people to teach and baptize.
Holy cow it’s so hot here! I can’t even believe it. You literally bathe in sweat here. When I got done with my showers this week I wiped the water off my face with my towel then I was sweating already. Dera chori. But hey its great! Another summer on my mish has come and gone, now the next one has already come. But yeah it goes for like 8 months ha-ha. Mom you sent me a picture of driving in snow and said that I probably don’t miss that... I do just a little bit.
We had a pretty good week though finding some new investigators and just continuing trying to find the chosen people so they can enter into the waters of baptism. I’m praying and fasting all the time that it will happen for us really soon. The only thing we can do is continue to work hard and show are diligence to God. Like Elder Bednar said we can’t convince the investigators to be baptized or gain a testimony. All we can do is bring the spirit in their homes and let it touch their hearts and after that it is on their shoulders, which brings a huge responsibility on our shoulders of always having the spirit to be with us like it says in the sacrament prayer. I have in my mission told members in my district that have difficulties with their companions that if they don’t have the spirit in that moment to not walk into somebody´s house to teach them cause it will be a waste of time for you and for the investigator. If the spirit is the teacher what are we going to say as missionaries if the spirit isn’t there? This is the same thing with members, at times randomly people come up to you and ask you about the gospel, and if you don’t have the spirit to be able to testify to this person in that moment it’s not going to benefit that person. Always have the spirit to be with you, that’s why the sacrament is so important. I’m sad to say that I didn’t really come to fully realize the importance of the sacrament until my mission, but I can tell you it’s the most important 10 minutes of your entire week. That’s why you can’t afford to miss days on Sunday too.
But hey funny experience this week too. Yesterday in the morning at church one of the other elders asked me if I could go with him to look for some of their investigators that hadn’t come to the church yet so I put my jacket down and we started walking out the church. About a block down the road from the church our ward mission leader who is incredible and is getting his call right now to leave on the mission came around the corner so me and this elder made plans to like jump him and throw him in the bushes... mature right ha-ha.. but anyway when we got up to him we both like grabbed him and started pushing him in the bushes then a car comes around the corner and this guy gets out like almost running over towards us and starts asking what’s going on and he thought we were robbing this guy ha-ha-ha he was dead serious and told us he was a cop and that we had just committed an assault and told us he was going to call the cops to come take us to centro to the police station.. We were like ok man calm down we’re just playing and he was like liars… you were assaulting him. Our ward mission leader just sat there and didn’t say anything.. that bum… But this guy kept talking to us then asked us if we were strangers to the country and we told him we were Americans and then found out our ward mission leader is Paraguayan. He got way upset cause I think he hates Americans but yeah in the end we told him that we had to go and if he wanted to call the police he could and we would be back at the church in an hour. We went back and he never showed up, but it was pretty funny. Thinking about it, it looked bad what we did if your somebody that just sees that out of the blue ….but yeah it was funny. Well hey family I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week.
Hey mom what’s up? Sounds like all is well back home and still giving the boring emails which i like ha-ha. Thanks for preparing a Christmas package, it will be awesome. I can’t really think of much other than the letters and another tape would be fun to hear of all our neighbors and family are awesome and it’s fun to catch up with them. I knew Elder Holmgren a little bit but not much, he was a good elder though and a zone leader for a long time. But yeah so what else is going on in life? Anything new? Thats way cool Megan is getting her mission call Im stoked for her. Hopefully she gets called to Paraguay ha-ha I can see her going to a foreign country cause she could handle it really well. And she´s smart and could learn a new language. But yeah that will be fun to get your dear elders, I liked Brett’s email… thanks for that and for Jenny’s letter. Tell them all hi for me please. Love you mom hope you have a great week.
Elder Hager
No comments:
Post a Comment