ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, November 5, 2012

Great Miracle....Baptism on Saturday!!!

Hey family what’s up? So this week was incredible! I saw one of the biggest miracles of my life.  For about more than a month now we have been teaching a guy named Giovanni, he is 22 and we found him knocking doors in a more richer area and he came to General Conference last week too.  At the start he wasn’t reading much and had a lot of doubts and we were thinking about dropping him for a bit but we had some great lessons and he came to church last week  and again yesterday. For a while he didn’t want to accept a date to be baptized cause he said he wasn’t ready but the true miracle happened yesterday after the testimony meeting at church. He got up after the closing prayer and said elders can I talk to you for a minute. He said when he was sitting there listening to the testimonies he heard a voice really loud in his head that said “get baptized”. He said he heard it like 3 times. Then he told us that he needs to be baptized and asked us if he can do it this Saturday.. It was amazing… I didn’t even know what to say. I told him that I knew that the spirit just testified to him and changed his heart. He then told us that an experience that he had in the Book of Mormon that helped him so much and that now he is sharing with some cousins and friends… it was amazing!!  So yeah!!! We’re going to have a baptism this Saturday,  I am so stoked! The spirit did everything. That’s the best part of it. What was amazing is that we were fasting Saturday to find a baptism for the month of November and wow how fast the answer came. So family pray.. pray… for Giovanni this week so everything goes well Saturday. It’s going to be sweet..

Family, what I have seen with my mission has been a miracle with the Book of Mormon,  I have taught so many different people now in over a year here, different types of personalities, different races in different languages even.. but there is one common thing that I have seen with every one of them. We always invite every single person  to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  Family the investigators that progress and resolve their doubts are the ones that read.  When we go back and we see that they haven’t progressed I can tell you without even asking why, because they didn’t read, and the ones that are resolving their doubts are the ones that were reading.  We saw that with Giovanni.  He had a ton of doubts when he wasn’t reading, it was so hard to teach him because you couldn’t move on with the other lessons.  But as we kept going back we could see that it was getting better and better and we could continue with the lessons and we saw it was because he was reading.  Nobody can ever tell me that the Book of Mormon is not true that has actually sat down to read it and ask God if it’s true. You can’t find one person in the world that can say that.  I love the changes it makes in peoples’ lives as well as my own life. That is why family that you need to read the Book of Mormon everyday of your lives, it gets rid of doubts, it makes things easier.

I have a quote that was given to me in my mission that was incredible that I want to share with you guys. It’s a lot for like full-time missionaries but I invite all to apply it in your lives cause every member is a missionary. It’s from Bruce R. McConkie and it’s called my “Holy Calling”…

“As a missionary I am a Child of God.. my authority is greater than that of kings.  By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of Jesus Christ. He is my teacher and he has chosen me to represent him, and to be in his place, to say and do what he would do if he were personally here ministering to the many people who he has called me to minister to.  My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts.  My words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine for me to be his agent.  My commitment is to do what he wants to do, to say what he wants to say, and to be a living witness of the divinity of his great and marvelous work in these last days. He that received me, received him, but he that rejected me, rejected him, he that sent me. How great is my calling.”

Family, I love that so much. Being a true special witness of Jesus Christ for 2 years is the best. And we all need to act like this missionary that says here in the quote. I’m grateful to hear that you are all doing well. Take care and love you all so much.

Love Elder Hager


No comments:

Post a Comment