ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 6th E-Mail Beautiful Testimony!!

Hey family what’s up? So this was another great week, it was flippen hot here. I thought I was gonna have a break but nope off to the sweating again. That’s alright I’m used to it by now. This mission requires sacrifice I know that, walking down rocky roads all day and destroying your shoes and seeing blisters that you didn’t know could exist... it’s awesome ha-ha. I already in my time on my mission have tons of stories to tell you guys after the mish that wouldn’t do justice over email. Also I want to bring you guys back here someday to show you how amazing this country is. It’s pretty amazing the attachment you get to the people here, I knew it was going to be big but not as big as I have felt. It’s just pretty amazing on the mish the relationship you gain with the people and even more importantly with your Heavenly Father. When you’re at home and your struggling with something it’s easy to pick up the phone and call mom or dad for help, or your bishop or leader or someone, in the mission if you need help, your strongest comfort is getting on your knees and supplicating to your Heavenly Father for help and comfort. And it’s pretty amazing that the comfort you get is even greater than any comfort a person could give you. I have come closer to my Heavenly Father and Savior 10 fold on my mission than any other moment in my life. In the hardest times of your entire life you can beg the Lord in prayer to help you, and family I have literally felt a comfort at times in my mission that’s touchable, like the Savior is wrapping his arms around me and lifting me up. Our lives are amazing, we need to know that, we need to recognize that. We are only here family to do the work of our Heavenly Father. Satan makes us fall into the repetitions of our daily lives of work and school and things like that and makes us feel we don’t have enough time to complete with God, in Nephi 3:7... God always provides a way. And as I have sat in the houses of these amazing Paraguayan people so many times testifying of that, my testimony of that scripture has become cemented forever in my heart, the truthfulness of that doctrine. I also read in 2 Nephi 31 this week in the famous chapter of the doctrine of Christ, and in verse 14 talks about us making that baptism covenant with God and receiving the Holy Ghost that we will always take upon ourselves the name of Christ. In the end of verse 14 it says that if we make this covenant, then deny these things, it would have been better to have not even know God.
The gospel is the happiness, it is the way, the only way. Jesus Christ said I am the way, no other ways. The thing that has given me the most happiness on my mission about your letters is hearing the spiritual experiences, hearing that you guys too are doing everything you can to come closer to Christ. I know, that sometimes it’s very hard when we feel alone and everything about how hard the trials are, but sometimes God takes everything away from us, so that we have time to really get to know him. I love this gospel family, Jesus Christ lives and loves us, he knows us. Have a great week this week. I find out changes tonight or tomorrow morning so next week you will all know.

Hey mom what’s up? I hope you liked my email, there wasn’t a whole lot that happened in the area this week so I just thought I’d share my testimony, I hope so bad you guys see that it has grown. I feel it has. But sounds like you guys are all doing awesome back home.
Thank Jenny for the letter please, and also tell Jeff to send me a Dear Elder if he can I would like to hear from him too. That’s crazy Ryan is done and Shaun McBride, weird. How’s Michael doing? Can you believe I’m less that 2 weeks from a year. Weird. Thanks for getting those letters taken care of. Your awesome. I hope you have an awesome week mom and I’ll be talking to you next week.

Tu hijito

No comments:

Post a Comment