ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 13th...Email sharing he had been transferred

Family and friends…

So I’ll just start out by telling you all that I did get transferred this week. To another side of Paraguay. I’m in Ciudad del Este which is the biggest city in Paraguay I think. This is the weirdest thing ever cause it’s like totally opposite than Asuncion. My area sits right on the Brazilian boarder. I go down to that river every day. I took some pictures of the bridge that’s in my area that you cross to go to Brazil, it,s freakin tight. There are all types of people here. I have seen Koreans, Brazilians. Germans, Americans, South Africans, and Hindu people. It’s pretty sweet. I’m with a companion named Elder Hardy who just barely finished his training. So flip I got with Elder Leishman after he finished his, then I trained, now I’m with another newbie ha-ha he is from Utah to which makes that my 5 comps in a row from Utah. So I’m staying as district Leader which is sweet I love being district leader it’s an awesome time to serve and learn a bunch from the other leaders of the mish. So yeah I’m serving in the strongest ward that there is in Paraguay here which is legit. They have an attendance in sacrament of over 100 every single week. Coming from my other areas to this one yesterday I thought I was in Utah again. The weird thing is my area hasn’t baptized for like 4 months but yeah it’s time to change that. We have already found some great people to teach and have some that are just resolving some doubts but yeah were going to see some awesome success here.

So yeah that was a bummer though leaving my last area saying goodbye to all my converts and members there. They became my family after almost being there for 6 months. I love the love that you grow for the people. it’s incredible.

But yeah to tell you about the ward a little bit. Our stake presidente, bishop, and 2 councilors are from India.. yep from India ha-ha that was the weirdest thing ever. The bishop came here about 11 years ago after growing up in India and worshiping cows his whole life to listening to the missionaries getting baptized and becoming the bishop of this ward. It’s pretty sweet. It was crazy the other day we had a lesson with a guy that during the lesson was speaking Spanish, Guarani, and Portuguese. It was sick cause I knew what he was saying, my comp was completely lost ha-ha but yeah that was pretty cool. Also we were clapping doors the other day and a guy came out and I started speaking Guarani to him and he stopped and said in English... Why are you speaking to me in Guarani? I was like what the heck. He came out and started talking to us and he had a sick British accent and said he is from South Africa. That was weird. He let us in his way nice house and we sat on his Italian couches. He was watching the PGA channel with Tiger Woods playing I was like.. where the heck am I right now. Culture shock. But we taught him and his wife and grandkid in all English and I did terrible. My English is bad, especially sharing the gospel. But we are going back this week to share more so that was fun. I also have had another lesson in just pure Portuguese where I had to translate to my comp the whole time. It’s fun being able to understand the different languages. I’m stoked cause they have here in our zone what’s called the waterfalls of mond a´y or something like that (Monday) and we are headed there the next week then to the dam of Itaipu in a few weeks on p-day.

So yeah it’s a great area I’m excited to pick it up and start seeing a bunch of success. It’s a different world over here.  But it’s awesome. Family pray for this ward and our investigators we are going to baptize. Love you all. Have a great week.

Tu hijito



No comments:

Post a Comment