ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Monday, July 9, 2012

July 2nd Email

Hey family what’s up? So we had a great week here in san isidro estamos viendo milagros cada dia. To start off about the investigadors. We are seeing miracles with this less active mom and her son whose 11 and not a member. I found her through her ex-husband who told us where they lived a few weeks ago and now they are coming to the ward night and have attended with us 3 times. We were able to sit down with her the first night a while ago and explain to her the blessings she is missing out on. I gave her the challenge to come to church and she did. And has come now for 3 Sundays. She has been less active for 5 years now so this is a miracle. Last night we went over there with our Branch Presidente and set the son with a date to be baptized the 14 of July and he accepted and is way stoked and the mom told us she would continue coming forever. It’s pretty amazing to me in my mission to activate less actives and get a baptism out of it two cause it’s kind of like 2 baptisms. So yeah I’m excited for that.
The Lord is blessing us a lot. Another amazing thing to me in my mission is to sit down with these people that I don’t know very well at all and to sit down in the first lesson and teach them to their needs through the spirit cause Heavenly Father knows them really well, it’s pretty sweet. The family Nalerio is having some trials right now trying to find time in their lives to be able to be members of the church. Their lives are loco right now. So we have to show them what’s more important. It hasn’t been an easy task. The adversary knows they are awesome and doesn’t want to make it happen. We will keep working a lot with them though.
So yeah the other night we were getting back to the pension for the night and as I was walking up the stairs I felt water coming down the stairs so I sprinted up the stairs and saw tons of water coming out from under the door to get in the house… I was like flip. So I hurried and opened the door and our fetchin pension was flooded ha-ha it was under like 3 inches of water in the kitchen and the bathroom. I was lucky none of my things got touched. But yeah it was pretty great as Elder Leishman and I worked as a team for about an hour using squeegies pushing all the water out. Yeah that was a fun night. And hey just so you know this country is an oven. It was so hot this week. Winter doesn’t exist here. Everybody said it should be here by now but yeah it’s not comin. Even today I’m sweatin as I’m sittin here talking to you ha-ha. I haven’t had a break. But oh well whatever. Well hey family love you guys so much hope you have a great week at the reunion don’t have too much fun :) be safe your great.

Tu hijito


No comments:

Post a Comment