ELDER JORDAN HAGER

ELDER JORDAN HAGER
MTC- Provo Temple

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17th -

Hey fam que tal? Holy cow that was flippin weird to see that my brother got engaged but how awesome that is. I have never seen this family so happy and enjoying life as much and I know that it is all coming from the blessings of me and Dev serving missions. It’s the best too, the mission is the coolest thing ever. So this week was awesome we had transfers and I’m staying and I got a new comp named Elder Henrie who is from Panguitch,Utah. I had never heard of it before, I guess it’s close to Cedar City or something, but ya he is awesome.. we had an amazing week together to start off the transfer. He works his butt off and we have a great time together… we’ve got a lot in common too so it’s great.

So yeah the work is progressing and we are continuing to find families here it’s great. We have been teaching this family named familia Leguizamon for about a month now and they are so awesome. Last night we showed up with a member and they immediately had a bunch of questions of what goes on in the church and all that. We felt really strong about teaching the plan de salvación last night so we did and it went amazing. They said they had always wondered where we came from and where we are going and they said “the only tough thing is nobody knows”. So we went straight to the scriptures in the bible and the Book of Mormon and answered all their questions it was amazing. Their facial expressions through the whole lesson were incredible because they were always like wow that makes sense or wow I didn’t know that. They were way interested and it was awesome to have a member in the lesson. We set a date for them to be baptized on the 4th of Febrero it’s going to be awesome. A FAMILIA!!!!!!
This work is so cool family I get to go out every day in the freakin hot humid Paraguay oven and teach people about the true pure gospel of Jesus Christ and the love that he has for everyone. It’s awesome to teach someone that has never had the knowledge of the love of God in their life and we can just bring that to them in their homes to feel. Family we are going to see some baptisms soon I promise you that. With our faith and working hard the Lord will bless us I know it. Also another cool experience that happened the other day is we were over in the assistants area Friday because Elder Henrie had to interview one of the people that was getting baptized and as we said good bye to them we were walking back over to the route to catch a collectivo back to our area when this lady was like yelling at us to come over to her for just a minute. It was kind of weird but we walked across the street and she told us that she has a friend that lives in this area that just got in a car accident and lost her leg and she has been sharing the gospel with her and the scriptures and she wanted us to accompany her the next week to teach her. Obviously it wasn’t our area and we handed that off to assistants but what a miracle that the Lord puts his missionaries in the paths of his children that are ready to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. Mission work is the best thing ever I love every minute of it and Paraguay is the best country in the world. Family pray for these people and we will see miracles. Congrats brother on your engagement, you’re a stud man… love you lots!!!

Hey what up mother Como estás? Espero que estés estudiando tu español jaja haha sorry just thought I’d throw that in there. Hey don’t worry, the tape and pictures will get there this week, I know it.. Really mom you just got to have the faith for it and it will come. That’s one thing that I have learned on the mission is if you have the true faith for it... it´ll happen. So yeah thanks for the package again nothing was melted it was all good.

That was nice of you to put yourself through that torture at the airport of watching those missionaries come home ha-ha don’t worry the day will come Mom sooner than you think. So yeah next week I’m going to try and shoot some pics over to you so yeah you have that to look forward to. Well Mom your awesome make sure you all are reading together and you personally… it’s importante leer las escrituras como una familia. MAS BENDICIÖNES.. I love you Mom so much have an awesome week.

Your little boy

No comments:

Post a Comment